Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Adorned in Full Armor

I can't make sense of it...the whirlwind of confusion
When love abounds but it can seem like an illusion.
Strife, righteousness, control and pride;
Seems that the enemy has just attached beside.

But there's always more we're told in God's word,
From strength for weakness and joy in the morn,
To weary find rest and we will be reborn.

I doubt, I plead, I desire rest
Not from the cares of this world
but from my own heart that is put to the test.
I find I soar one moment and see such a glimpse of my Lord
and so quickly I fall to blindness and doubting he carries a sword.

But a sword you ask? Why would that be so?
There's a real enemy out there who roams to and fro.
He's not mighty, he is so weak,
but my heart and others seem to welcome the language he speaks.

A sword indeed, along with a full set of armor,
adorned and defended against the clamor.
So help me Lord to know how this battle should go,
You already know the way and have victory over this foe.

It's not my strength that can fight
It's not my righteousness that be right
It IS your Spirit that has all the might!

So help to stand on what I know to be true
Less of me Jesus and more of YOU!

No comments:

Blog Archive