Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm expecting...

Today I arise, like any other day,
Asking the Lord for what I hope will go my way.
Today I’m expecting for big news,
for God to do something spectacular...moving mountains HE can move.
Today I’m expecting our boys’ papers to go to court
Knowing full well I have nothing to offer to cut this process short.
So today I’m expecting that I’ll wrestle, ask and wait;
Our boys and our family are known to Him and with Him is our fate.
I’m expecting answers on many fronts for decisions that need deciding,
I want to know clearly what is in store but know full well it’s all in abiding.
So I’m expecting today, like any other day, a world of unknowns to unfold,
But realizing it’s not where I’ll find my God as much as with His hand that holds.
I’ll carry on expecting and waiting, forgetting constantly what’s true,
Regardless Jesus is with me saying “I love YOU”. 
I’m expecting less as I realize this simple truth,
because in it lies such beauty and rest that says, “God, I’m expecting more of YOU!”
That He can do because it’s where His heart longs
To see His children resting and expecting He will prove Himself strong.
I’m expecting ....

No comments:

Blog Archive