Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Letting go...

I'm in 'mode'...for most moments. Unfortunately, 'mode' means less of me for those around me. So, I'm trying to figure out how to get to the place I'm ready to walk out the door (and get each kiddo out the door) before I offer more of ME to my family. It just isn't gonna happen. So today, I'm fully aware that until I walk out this door on Friday am I won't be ready. So, I'm giving in today. I don't know that it's wise to push off my 'to dos', but I do know I'm starting to miss my kids already. It's really hard to have them in all different places where I can't reach 2 of them and they can't really reach me. It reminds me again and again, they're not 'mine' only. Thank you Jesus for reminding me that not only are our kids in Africa safe in your care, but so are the ones we'll leave behind. Maybe not free from injury, sickness or harm, but free from needing ME to be their all in all. So with just a few more days to soak in our time before 'the boys arrive', I pray I'll see chances to let go of 'preparing' and hold on to enJOYing!

No comments:

Blog Archive