Tuesday, May 24, 2011

US Embassy Update...

I know little to nothing re: what this means, but in the words of our agency:
Jeremiah's files were accepted and Jacob's were declined. They requested a "document they've never asked for before". Hope and prayer will be for finding the document this week (if it exists) and submitting it for next Tuesday.

There is the question if the boys' embassy appts will sink up now or not. Even if we request a later date for Jeremiah's if it gets through quickly, then we run the chance of a longer wait for a new date (read: US Embassy is not there to accommodate). So, we face again that there are 'rules' that make this process good for many reasons, but in other ways, they can create obstacles that are inconsistent.

Me? I ache again. I didn't expect that! I'm ready to be back in Ethiopia and rush straight to the orphanage and pick up our boys. We could do that tomorrow/asap...it's just getting the Visa approval to get them home that's uncertain. I wonder if 'something weird' will affect Jacob getting here..with his brother and with his new family. More than ever I know they were meant to be together, not just as cousins, but BROTHERS. I'm having random thoughts as crazy as flying out if we got approval for Jeremiah and just staying in country until Jakob's comes through(who's in? well..guess i need Andy to be:p) Then I remember, I have family to care for here, the boys have been and will be covered in the Lord's provision and HIS timing is perfect.

Ironically, we've been told that we CAN meet with Jacob's birth mother when we go if we want and she's willing. I wonder. I wonder if we should 'visit' her. I wonder if this is part of the story for our boys? I wonder about facing her in our excitement and her sadness. I wonder a lot... BUT, as I pulled into the driveway after a shuttling kids just now, sitting in the driver's seat, I put my head back,and was reminded...I'M NOT DRIVING but you are Lord. So I ask: Give me JOY, Give me HOPE, Give me PEACE. I know you can because you've already given me Jesus!

Carry on friends...and THANK YOU FOR PRAYING!! WE ARE SOOO BLESSED BY THE BODY OF CHRIST!

3 comments:

jagergirls said...

Oh Cindy... I am praying for you and your family and especially YOUR BOYS! God must have a plan...just wait and hopefully it will reveal itself to you.

Courtney Cassada said...

friend of ali fogarty's...

praying for you!

we are adopting 2 little boys from rwanda...we leave in 17 days to go get them!

Mama Bee said...

praying for you and hoping all the time that you hear good news from the Embassy!

Blog Archive