Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Simply Sweet...

I can not say why
I can not know if
I can not see how

I can say yes
I can say now
I can say through Christ

many questions, which i love, asked and unanswered
many people watching, waiting, praying

I wonder if they know what I got to see
I believe without a doubt that God that loves me;
I doubt I could ever explain
the ways that we’ve seen Jesus again and again.

so our boys’ have something unique about them
there’s something that we see;
Nothing ‘we’ve done’ to bring this about
totally unfolding as if there’s finally water after a drought.

contentment
joy
smiles
what? they’re orphaned how can it be?
I say it’s answered prayers for those that love you and me.
You God delight in bringing about
the wildest stories from seeds that YOU sprout.

It’s not just our boys that have a new song,
It’s also you and me and we just carry along.
We forget we’ve been given a gift...
new family, new inheritance,
and there’s more...
life lived NOW with a Savior who adores!

Whatever it is I choose not to doubt
It’s my Lord and my God that says with a shout:
I love ALL these dear children, near and far;
Join me in dancing with what I will do
I’ve got it, it’s not up to you.

So once again we watch with amazement the heart of our God
Trusting He will carry us and show us new fields to trod.
Simply sweet are the cares and smiles of our children
protect them dear Jesus from the world’s cares and harm.
Show them it’s outside the orphanage walls where life is found
It’s in YOU and you alone where they’ll be on solid ground.
It’s safe, it’s secure, it’s all they know
Be there and teach us which paths to go.
For now it’s a blur with so many unknowns ahead,
Still, it’s following and seeing YOU, that’s all that needs to be said.
Thank you for loving us, our family and friends,
Keep showing and loving us ‘til these days end...

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Just think. This time next month your boys will have been home for a couple of weeks!! Praying for you.

Blog Archive