Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines day fun...

Catching up in pictures and memories;)  Valentine's day was fun here.  We got to spread it out as too much was going on Valentine's night (and most nights!).  I really have enjoyed looking forward to celebrating LOVE in sweet ways.  In all my notes and little treats, I tried to at least 'say' that God's love is what fuels our LOVE.  I was wiped from Andy traveling and prepping for Aliza's birthday, so we kicked off our 'advent' to Valentine's day ON Valentine's day.  I totally stole my friend, Ali's idea!  She even printed off the sweet verse and I stole some of her ideas and added our own;)  SO, we're in full swing living out the LOVE we remembered especially this Valentine's day.  I like it!  I've found my kids want to 'work ahead' even (ok, some more than others)!  SO, we just go with it.  Not as routine all the time as I'd like in being together.  And you know what? I had 2 neighbors call and thank my 'little angels' for special acts of love they had done.  They didn't advertise, but they knew;)  It use to be more characteristic, but somehow things get busy.  The best part about these little love treats performed...THEY WEREN'T ON THE SCHEDULE!! Now I remember it's not the 'organized activities' as much as what they bring about in the heart. Teach us Lord how to live YOUR LOVE!


 I threaten my hubs about the flowers on Valentine's all the time.  He buys the 'bare' ones as a compromise;)  I did get him a card:) Each kid received a small 'thing' I had heard them mention wanting.  For all but Justin it was a spill proof water bottle! Score! 
 i was so eager to try making the heart shaped egg made inside the toast.  We had also made the chocolate peanutbutter covered bananas the night before so that was fun to wake up to for them in the morning;)

 Before cooked heart-shaped meatloaf...that's our dinner tradition on Valentine's day. It's soo easy!





 Gluten free frozen treat from Trader Joes...it was GREAT!

 The grocery store clerk GAVE these to the boys the day after Valentines...they were thrilled;) They're kinda 'known' as we checkout anywhere now. 
Aliza brought home some treats from school that she couldn't eat to share with her sibs;) 


No comments:

Blog Archive