Friday, February 22, 2013

2 weeks and some good news!

In case you don't want to read all the rambling below, I've decided to put our trip updates separate from our family blog here:
made4mercy

Oh my! Little did I know the 'prep' that would be required at this busy time of year to LEAVE my family and then step back in.  Whirlwind with each kiddo stepping into a new phase next year (2 rising Kindergarten, rising Middle School, rising School, rising part time Jr. College).  These all require their own level of 'registration' and preparation NOW.  Whew:) Almost there.

In the meantime let me just say we have been BLOWN AWAY by the continued encouragement, excitement (sometimes more than our own) and support!  I've also had to learn that Kaylee Ann and I approach 'preparing' EXTREMELY somewhat differently.  Funny how this has been good for ME as I think about our dynamics together ON our trip.  I'm grateful (now) to learn and see this!

I'm also thankful for the neat 'extras' the Lord is leading me to ask and believe He is able to answer!  One of those 'big extras' was getting the details of where the boys lived (down to the neighborhood level) before they were placed in the orphanage.  As of yesterday, WE HAVE WHAT WE NEED to look for them and try to meet any living family or friends!  One thing that has fueled me is that when they were asked (when they were placed for adoption) if they would want any future contact from the boy's future families, it was a resounding YES...we would WELCOME THAT!  So, now I'm ready; mostly ready to say YOU'D BE SO PROUD OF THESE BOYS but also a heartfelt THANK YOU!!! for blessing us TOO! Finally, I frankly just hope they're there to hug their necks.

So that's NEW for us to think about as we get closer to departing.  Someone from the team in Ethiopia has willingly offered to go ahead of our arrival to see who's there and tell them we're coming.   Will you PRAY the Lord will make a way for this 'meeting' before we arrive as well as when Kaylee Ann and I go?

There are so many levels to understanding adoption, first families and how to speak faithfully about our son's identities.  As we do this, know it's new for us too and the emotions stirred are crazy...crazy-good though:) (as she wipes her tears).

Again, THANK YOU from Kaylee Ann and I for the ways you're loving us already on this trip!  I'm going to try to keep the trip updates over here now:), so I hope you'll follow us and also hope I'll be able to regularly send pictures and updates from Ethiopia (because you know power, the internet and time will all by rampant while we'll be there!)

In much grace,
Cindy

No comments:

Blog Archive