Thursday, February 28, 2013

Update on the 'kebele' (neighborhood)!

So some of you are following our trip blog too so this is duplicate and you can get on with your day!

If not, remember my post last week saying we had been given the boy's neighborhoods (kebeles) and now they would see if they could find any family still there?   Well they found them!

Suffice to say we are hopeful for our time of meeting them early on our trip!  Details still coming together and now it looks like they'll bring them to the carepoint instead of us traveling the roadless route to their huts.  That's ok! At this point, I can't wait to look in their eyes, assure them of God's love and provision, thank them, ask some questions and pray with and for them, and give them personal photo albums (which is comical b/c I don't do photo albums but Aliza helped me!) !! OH my heart races at what this time will look like, but I'm thankful. 

Thankful that when we stepped back onto American soil (a little over a year and a half ago) that officially made our son's US citizens, that the story didn't stop there.  That there's a citizenship in heaven that I'm trusting unites their first families with ours:)  I have a hunch I'm going to get a glimpse of this. 

Pray with and for us!


Firmly in His Grip,
~cindy

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi Cindy, I don't see an email address to email you here, but I would love to connect with you! Our kiddos are also from Dale and we used CHI to bring our son home. Our boys were likely at the Thomas Center together. Also, I used to be the sponsorship coordinator for FOVC, so I would love to connect about that. You can email me at followingthewayhome at gmail dot com. Would love to know if our kiddos are from the same kebeles!

Blog Archive