Wednesday, June 29, 2011

try #2: Tminus 5hours...

After my AWESOME Tylenol pm night, we stayed up way too late reflecting on the day/week and then it was too late to take another. SO...a 4hours' night sleep was not the protocol for pre-18hr flight travel. Do you know how much I wanted that to tank me this am? I mean I was ready to really grumble...something like: Lord YOU KNOW I NEEDED SLEEP to handle these toddlers on their first LONG plane ride. WELL...this is what has been so beyond me as the Lord has generously given me more faith on this adoption journey. I have seen so many DETAILS come together this week in our lives and those we've met. Roads take unexpected turns in my days and what do I do? I SCRAMBLE to get back onto my normal, smooth path. I've come to learn when I'm always trying to navigate away from these twists and turns, I wonder where God is. I think He is with me, but was ready to show HIMSELF on that unexpected path; the path of sleeplessness and surrender, the path of people not meeting my expectations, the path of my 'perceived plan', the path of...you name it! All it does is say: I'M IN CONTROL!!! What I hope and pray I'll continue to realize is the same GOD who orchestrated beginning to end of our boys into our family is the same God who wants to bless me in my mundane. I don't like mundane, but I do LOVE my GOD showing me more of what He's up to.

So, we'll get our sleepyheads and our boys energized bodies on that big plane tonight. We'll take off 10:15 here and pray for some sleep and somehow that they'll take an interest in a show or 2. They have shown NO interest so far. Hmmm...not so funny how much I rely on electronics for my kids to be 'settled' on a trip. There's this piece of me that is pretty sure they'll be doing laps up and down the plane aisles (you know.those kids you wonder where their parents are?). What's even better is the conversations I'll probably have with several Ethiopians in the wee hours of the night over our adoption and whys. In that case, I'll say, sleep is overrated. Give me chance to give God the glory in this and I'll wait another night to sleep...it's worth it!

***You can pray for grace from others towards us as we go;) and settled spirits for the boys. So far they don't do well without sleep, but do well with all things new;) God will make the 2 meet in some mix of good...

CAN NOT WAIT TO HUG MY KIDS NECKS BACK HOME...no more said there...tears already;)

mahtah mahtah: night night!

3 comments:

Wesley said...

Praying for the journey home and all that awaits you there!

Mary said...

Oh my friend!!!!! I am praying for you! Still recovering from that long return flight here in Richmond. I am so excited to be in the midst of this walk with you. Please call me when you can. I would love to pray together and support each other as we seek God in the mundane of walking in this new life.

Ali said...

Welcome Home!

Blog Archive