Saturday, August 13, 2011

lunch date w my girl...

OK...so I have to admit I'm not sure how to 'be' when it comes to getting out alone with one kiddo...I mean we're FAMILY lately...priority #1, self aside, team Schwarz, dying to self, one for all...all for one...you name it...a UNIT!! and I wouldn't trade these last 6 weeks of learning what God has for us as a family.  Still, every once in awhile we get a glimpse of individuals and it's GOOD.  We will get back to more of that.  For now though, it's been FAMILY.  So, we've started talking about dates.  Andy and I have taken 2...1 that didn't last (crying tears of sadness by Aliza) and 1 that lasted (with only the hitch of the boys getting out of their beds for the first time)....but we made it! IT WAS GREAT!

 So now it's time to start talking about how to be one on one again...here and there by chain of events and other times it needs to be intentional.  Today Kaylee Ann asked if we could go for subs for lunch.  To up the anty she had found a COUPON for BOGO!  I love it...she knows my love language.  She won!  We did.  It was a date 1/2 mile from home and short.  But it was long enough to hear her say 'thank you for doing this...i like being with you'...be still my heart.  I didn't know she did with all the pressing in of things.  I did too.  We drive each other crazy with being so opposite...but we delight in who God has made us uniquely.  Somehow of all my kids, she teaches me the most about my weaknesses.... being compassionate, patient, discerning, enjoying moments, spontaneous... the list goes on.  I LOVE THIS GIRL! So in honor of our time...a few snapshots that came from bites of subs around the corner.  Thank you Jesus!






The above pix is my FAVORITE!! IT JUST SAYS 'KAYLEE ANN'...AND BELOW...well my lame attempt to amuse her...it worked;)  Thankful that the bar is LOW!!



May you find moments 'STUFFED' full of seeing Jesus in your relationships;)

3 comments:

Jean said...

Wonderful to do that. She is so cute and could I every see her Mommy in her. Can't imagine how you even find time for these posts but just love them.

Jean

Mary said...

Cute!!!! It is GREAT to get a little one on one time. I have had little bits with the kids, but NONE with Brad. I miss it!!

Heather Beam said...

Love, love, love it. Thanks for all your sharing.

Blog Archive