Monday, August 8, 2011

Richness of Grace...

RICHNESS...
wealthy
plentiful, abundant


My boys (i could write about that alone all day!).  I picked this pix (don't tell Justin) b/c it just is a glimpse to me of how the Father is always 'fielding' the balls and we stand back and wonder "is he gonna get this one or not?"  I don't know about you, but I like the 'safety net' in my life to protect me.  Just like in this picture, there's always a 'safety net', but it's not only to protect us, it's for us to stand back and watch.  Sometimes we're 'batting', sometimes we're watching.  Right now I'm watching and batting;) Regardless the pitches are not meant to harm us but strengthen us and point us to HIM.  RICH!

I’m not sure why this word has been on my mind.  Actually I do know the Lord is working some things out that I can’t share here.  I think it’s related to eternal treasures, but I know too it’s about an abundance in our life right now when I expected total deprivation.  I have no idea why but the Lord has been ABUNDANTLY GRACIOUS TO US in our transition home.  Don’t get me wrong...we’ve had our moments, days and even weeks, but overall, I SENSE ABUNDANT GRACE!!

I mentioned is ‘richness’.  If I think about this word it speaks of an overflow, abundance or ‘over and beyond’ to me.  Of course we (I) always think of ‘richness’ in terms of wealth.  These last few months and especially weeks though have shifted my thinking there.  The word ‘rich’ is used in many ways in Scripture.  I’ve gone back to it.  What amazes me is how quickly ‘riches’ can come and go AND are from the Lord’s hand.  I don’t know about you, but security is important to me.  When I realize my ‘riches’ can be blown away tomorrow at a word from my Lord, I tremble.  I know it’s true, but don’t live like it.  I cling.  So why is this ‘richness’ on my heart?? I think it’s because the Lord is showing me a taste of the riches that aren’t going to be blown away tomorrow...they will be treasured forever.  The riches I’m witnessing each day as our family is undergoing such a ‘shift’ is amazing. 

The ‘riches’ are in hearts, laughter and sudden bursts of singing.  I don’t get it.  It’s HARD sometimes (and will get to be more so), but there’s a refreshing fullness in the hard.  Each and every one of us under this roof has had to have our hands PRYED open to let go of certain things/desires/expectations.  That’s not new to any of us, but it’s an ‘all of a sudden’ when you bring in 2 toddler boys from Africa.  It just is. 

So why ‘RICH’? I think it’s because I’m seeing so much how WE’RE NOT ALONE!! I can’t begin to blog enough, be still enough, journal enough to process our days.  I can begin to ask briefly for ‘eyes to see Jesus’ and HE’S HERE!  I don’t know why I have to ask, but I do.  I don’t see ‘naturally’.  But that’s where there’s richness...the ‘hard’ drives us to HIM and He reveals HIMSELF in the midst. 

Honestly, sometimes when my precious husband finishes listening to my ‘whines’ and then says ‘let’s pray’, I moan.  Yes.  I’VE DREAMED OF HAVING MY HUSBAND SAY THOSE WORDS...but ‘in it’..no.  Let’s talk proactive praying and I’d be on it, but IN IT...ummm....I want sympathy, fix it and blame shifting.  So, in it praying...Thank you Jesus.  I see you.  I submit and there He is.  Nothing has changed but my heart is submitted.  I think that’s a richness that can’t be measured.

So friends, I’m grateful for your prayers for the Lord to meet us!! HE IS.  It’s not always as I’d like, but He’s doing something new.  I think riches don’t get old...it’s always something new.  I’m glad these riches we’re part of storing up right now are eternal because there’s no place in my heart or our bank account to put this much trust. 

Don’t be surprised if you ask me ‘how we’re doing’ if I look at you with a blank stare.  I don’t really know.  I just know we’re ‘doing’.  Frankly, right now that’s enough.  AND IT’S RICH!!! I venture to guess many of you are ‘just doing’ too.  I challenge you to rest in that even.  It’s enough when it’s submitted to the Lord.  May you too find JOY on your journey today as you see Jesus in ways you weren’t/aren’t looking for HIM. 


p.s. If you’re up for praying we have our first ‘home visit’ with a social worker that’s never even met us. It will be for hours and I’m not ‘worried’ but it will dig up much;) I realize in those moments how God’s made my heart as a mom for these boys and our family.  Not everyone knows what God has given us is to be handled preciously.

(ESV) 23 This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, 24 but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD."

No comments:

Blog Archive