Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hosting opportunity...

I mentioned before that I had mixed emotions in the past about "hosting an orphan".  When the opportunity fell in our lap with Alyona at the last minute, there was some 'level setting' that happened in my heart.  Some of that included getting at the root of my 'judgements' about the purpose and costs.  Don't get me wrong, I think we should question and ask (especially of the Lord) what our motives are and what the purpose of doing something might be.  What I realized though is that God is writing unique stories as HE calls the body of Christ to come alongside orphans.  I'M!!! not doing the story writing.  The minute I get righteous in my opinions, I should realize there's an underlying 'issue' opportunity to take it up with the Lord (and counsel of others).

The hosting organization and others may enter into hosting an orphan with a variety of purposes.  Personally, we thought of it as a reversed mission trip.  Truly it was a chance to invite her into our world, love on her, pray for the Lord to show her HIS love (and some words too), and to want to meet her with the great blessing of a forever family.  We asked that she not come just for a fun vacation (although that wouldn't be wrong for some), but only if the Lord was using her visit to connect her to her family.  SO, in essence we believed and asked on her behalf for what we know is one of God's greatest designs to show His love and our need: a family.

Believe me, you're not going to ask a question/have a thought we didn't..before, during and now.  Still, here I am advocating for these kids.  Through no fault of their own, THEY ARE ORPHANED AND ALONE.  Their plight is so horrid, we can't even imagine.  They aren't even aware of what lies ahead we learned, as they would have no hope.  We don't believe giving them a family is the answer to their hope, but we do believe a family can help point them to the One who is HOPE.

So, I'm learning too.  I'm learning this isn't smooth and it might actually be messy.  I'm realizing it's not easy to invite others into what the world would say is 'crazy'.  Yet here I am, inviting you to consider.  When you consider, first and foremost, consider Jesus and His heart.  Next, consider how he would use your family (b/c this isn't an individual impact!).  Finally, be willing to LISTEN!  THIS IS WHERE I GET JAZZED!  Read His word and pray.  He will lead you if you should move forward. If not, don't do it! YES...I said that!  I know right now we are not to do it for Christmas.  So I wait for my 'role'.  It might be supporting in prayer and tangible ways some of you!  It might be to wait until another child God has in mind for us to host.  REGARDLESS...don't be afraid to ask.  People, I'm passionate about this part.  I'm more passionate about the invitation our Father gives us to walk in relationship with Him than I am orphancare.  Ironically, we've found orphancare to be at the heart of our Father and drawn us into a more intimate relationship with Him.

Let me know...email/message/call me!  That's the way the Lord is leading me for this round of hosting.   I'm excited to see what He will do!  To Him be the glory..or it's all a bust:)!
I see His glory as some of you are already praying.  You know how? I received an email today saying...the kids we told you about...they're placed!  Your prayers have hopefully moved them to connection to their forever families.

We'd love to bring a group to RVA together, but if it so happens RVA is not where you are and you're burdened for any of them, then who am I to say? Follow up (and keep me posted)!

Pray for these kiddos with me.  Their "stories" are unknown to us, but they aren't to our Father.


re: kids below:
*Zelenin will be hosted alone;I can't delete the siblings, but they belong to another boy that is not listed but looks similar;p  Sorry about that! I can't get into the actual pictures and names.

*This is possibly Alyona's last chance (not sure if she's been hosted before) for a family as they age out at 16.

You can email Lori for more information re: hosting logistics at: ukieparenting101@gmail.com
She is with the nonprofit: Journeys of Joy : http://www.journeysofjoy.org/







No comments:

Blog Archive