Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Alleluia...

So I’m really ...REALLY!!! BLESSED!! Not much peeping from this end about the ‘details’ of our transitioning because there are SOOO many AND I’m having little time to process with little peeps up and at ‘em in my quiet time or walk time!! I know it’s ‘ok’ and trying to give myself grace to ‘be’, but it’s not ‘me’. I LOVE my time in the word, processing and praying time. That’s minimal right now.

So, I’m asking the Lord to help me ‘be still and know that (HE) is God’. Funny...He’s helping me...but I’m resisting. BEING STILL goes against every grain of my flesh/body. I learned this on our adoption journey as a settling in my heart. I grew accustomed to it. But it came with times of surrender in quiet...not so much surrender in busyness. NOW...I’m reminded again that there’s a ‘be still and know’ in the middle of busyness. So, when I’m walking with my littles at 5:30am and I hear them singing “Alleluia” in their native language I think about heaven and the new earth. I realize there WILL be praises that are clear to all nations and languages. That praise is just understandable because it exudes from the heart and actions as much as words. So I listen and I’m still. This is worth remembering.

Our boys are a few days into their new life in a family in America ...THEIR family and are remembering how to praise God. Even after the battle of buckling into the stroller, they’ve come around. They’ve come back to what they’ve learned: PRAISE. Somehow it teaches me. I want to grumble about what is unfamiliar or scramble to find predictability. Instead, we’re called to offer a ‘sacrifice of Praise’.

So, I didn’t get my quiet times I would have liked, but I got more of GOD. Isn’t that what quiet time should lead us to? The throne room? So if you were in our ‘hood many early ams this week you heard 2 little boys singing at the top of their lungs great songs of praise with JOY! and then you heard their momma saying: Allelu, Jesus...YOU ARE GOD! You’ll show us...each and every step how to be a new family of 7 and transition into who YOU have designed us to be.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Totally can relate - learning to find "peace" and "Him" in the crazyness and the busyness and the unpredictablness. I have lost a camera and my wedding rings and broken a brand new laptop!!! All because of the distractions of this new little tornado. He has got it!!!

Ali said...

So awesome that from their singing God lead you to such great truths. If only I lived just a tad closer. Hearing their voices would be better than any alarm clock ;)

I was so thankful you came Tuesday night. Thank you!

Courtney said...

oh, yes. the busyness :-) praying for you all! loved this glimpse into your days!

Blog Archive