Friday, August 3, 2012

Special Treasures...

Dearest Prayer WARRIORS!!! GOD WAS ON THE MOVE WITH US YESTERDAY!! I can’t share it all, but it suffices to say, HE met us in unique ways that really makes me think “something” (probably my unbelief) was settled in eternity yesterday! There was a profound difference.  Please know your prayers are carrying us!  I’m confident that as much as Gabby Douglas claims God gets the glory in her hard work and achievements, I can say with her...indeed the blessings reign down.  Does that mean the hard days are over? Absolutely not!  In fact, I expect more.  What I think crumbles us in our faith way to often is that we don’t stand ground ready to ‘fight’ and real with ourselves who’s battle our trials are.  I’m grateful for friends who could see that for us and enter into the battle with us in prayer! Thank you and praise God for His work!


onto my letter;)...

Dearest Alyona,

It’s 'ma' here;)  I love to hear you say that.  Not because I feel like your mother but because there are few words you can say that I get to hear your ‘voice’.  Oh my it must be hard not to talk.  I ask you if that's hard, but you don’t seem to mind.  I try to set up calls and such with others and you’re not so interested.  I’m thankful you communicated with your orphanage director yesterday and shared you were doing well.  That helped me know you are settling in.  I’m realizing quickly that you would win 1st prize for charades.  I had no idea how much this was part of our day until last night.  It was priceless.  Do you remember? It went something like this...

You had your first ‘let loose’ yesterday after a late dinner.  You danced around the kitchen a bit and gave us a taste of the ‘moves’ in you.







It was then that KA grabbed your hand and had a connection that hadn’t been unlocked yet.  You and your ‘sisters’ danced your hearts out.  Aliza finally tired out but you and KA rocked on.  I was putting the 'littles' down so didn’t see the ‘in process’.  What happened when I came down an hour later took my breath away.  The two of you had learned some things from each other and were dancing your hearts away.  NO WORDS. NO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. NO FRUSTRATIONS.  ALL SMILES AND DELIGHT. 

I just sat in awe.  The video is coming out soon! I didn’t want to move to get it.  You two pulled me into the action (and yes, laughed at me). 

Finally you did your charades for ‘shower’ and we thought you were saying you were ready for shower and bed.  That was not it.  You kept on and on trying to add something else.  We could not figure it out.  Translate wasn’t happening.  You ran outside, then would run in and point to the light, then back out, then make some dance moves, then charade for shower...over and over.  THEN we got it!  You did the motion for shower, drew a picture of the SUN, did your ‘jig’ then motioned for you and KA. 

YOU WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU TWO COULD DANCE TOMORROW BEFORE YOU WOULD SURRENDER TO THE SHOWER AND BED! OHHHHHHH!! We were so excited we ‘got it’...you were so happy we said ‘yes’;) 

After bathing though, you just got in bed! We didn’t know.  I found you and gave you the biggest hug good night, so proud and adoring.  I finished then you said, “Papa?”.  UGH...I.will.not.win.this.love.war! and I won’t try.  There’s enough to go around.  I go get papa and off you drifted....dancing in your sleep I’m sure!

It was good day wasn’t it? We ‘talked’ about things in your world.  Aliza couldn’t believe you weren’t ever scared of storms. Weather, friends, important adults in your life, who loves you,etc.  We pulled up the Russian Bible and I went to the Psalms.  You chose Psalm 12 then typed, “I already know”.  Not sure if that meant you knew this Psalm or the truth of God, but girl, I see Jesus!  Indeed, He is with you and WILL KEEP YOU!!

I have learned something about the Lord through you.  I have seen how much he pursues His children.  Patiently, enduring and with a heart that aches with us.  I knew this, but watching you, I get to see it.  You know, don’t you Alyona? Alas, just like me, you struggle to believe.  Sister, our destiny is secure.  Whatever your future holds, I’m so much more confident that you will not be left alone.  Who was I to think you really ever were?  I ask the Lord for both of us, help our unbelief! I am believing and asking for you to get to be shared with a family, not just a family sharing themselves with you.  You are His special treasure!



















 Oh how this just makes my heart sing...the horses came out of the stable...and you RAN around to get closer.  Note to self: must.get.you.nearer.to.a horse:) ...they meandered back in by the time you got around.




OH...and we all decided you should cook more often! You were an awesome co-chef!






No comments:

Blog Archive